Topic: Contracts for Old SR 32 Bridge Replacement, Project BA-02-0-1, CLE- C351-2.80
Contact: Todd C. Gadbury, PE, Bridge Engineer (732-8865)
Purpose/Need: This project will replace the railroad crossing over the Norfolk Southern Railroad, bridge # C351-2.80., located in the Batavia Township. Project No. CLE-C351-2.80.
Action Necessary: Approval of the contracts with DGM, Inc. for the replacement of the above-referenced bridge.
History of Project: This is an LPA project funded 80% thru Federal Funds and the remaining 20% thru The Ohio Public Works Commission. The new bridge will meet current requirements for separated railroad crossings. Bids were opened on 1/15/2009.
Costs: The construction costs is $ 1,591,514.90 of which $1,273,211.92 is Federal Funds and the remaining $318,302.98 is from an OPWC Grant.
Bids Results: DGM, Inc. $ 1,591,514.90
Sunesis $ 1,598,161.64
Trend $ 1,639,270.33
Complete General $ 1,841,270.72
R.B. Jergens $ 1,931,306.16
Prus Construction $ 2,123,570.95
Engineer’s Estimate $ 1,500,000.00
Expected Outcomes: Improved width and unrestricted weight limit.